解析外企老板希望你明白的24件事_站长休闲故事

编辑Tag赚U币
教程Tag:暂无Tag,欢迎添加,赚取U币!

推荐:悲惨故事--七年非爱情的相处
  他们第一次见面时,他就对她说:“你有一双艺术家的手!”当时,他的表情是惊喜的。她看了看自己白皙而又纤细的手,又看了看他的那双萧邦似的钢琴

    1. Carrying your share is not enough只做份内事是不够的

  Bosses value people who do their job and look around for, create or ask for more real work.

  上司看重那些不仅做份内事而且主动寻找、创造或要求更多实际工作的员工。

  2. Forget about excuses不要寻找借口

  Forget rare exceptions no boss cares why an assignment wasn’t done. It’s your job to get it done and on time.

  上司都会关心为什么分配的工作没有完成,这很少有例外。因此及时完成工作是你的职责。

  3. Don’t aim for perfection不要苛求"完美"

  Getting it done well and on time is much more important than doing it "Perfectly"

  及时把工作做好比做得"完美"重要得多。

  4. Follow Through自始至终完成工作

  Tie up the loose ends of your assignments. Don’t wait to be reminded, particularly by a Supervisor.

  对分配给你的工作做到有始有终,不要等到别人特别是你的主管来提醒你。

  5. Anticipate Problems预见到问题

  When your responsibilities depend on input from others, check their plans and their understanding of what you’re requesting.

  当你的工作有赖于他人的参与时,要核对他们的计划并确认他们理解你的要求

  6. Be Resilient About Problems坚韧乐观地面对难题

  Part of carrying your responsibilities is understanding that unforeseeable failures by others are a routine part of work life. When problems occur, no one is picking on you and you can’t excuse it as bad luck.

  发生别人无法预料到的失误是工作生涯中常见的事情。理解这一点就是你工作职责的一部分。当问题发生时,没有人怪罪于你,你也不能以运气不好作为借口。

  7. Don’t Take Problems to your boss别把问题留给你的上司

  If you lack the authority, come prepared with solutions when you broach the problem. Even though your boss may not use your solutions, you’ve made an impression as a problem solver - not as a problem collector.

  如果你权力有限,在去见上司以前要准备好解决问题的方案。即使你的上司可能不采纳你的解决方案,也已经给他留下了这样的印象:你是解决问题而不是收集问题的人。

  8. Attendance counts出满勤

  People quickly become aware of who makes an effort to be there and who uses any excuse to miss a day.

  从出勤情况可以很快看出,谁在努力工作,谁在寻找理由混日子。

  9. Don’t be a squeaking wheel不要难字当头,喋喋不休

  Don’t be seen as " Here comes a problem".

  不要让人见到你就觉得"又来了一个问题"。

  10.Don’t carry grudges不要嫉妒怀恨他人

  You cannot win them all. So don’t squander your energy, the goodwill of your allies, and the patience of your boss by turning every issue into a crusade.

  你不可能胜过所有的人,因此不要把每个问题都变成争斗,这样就会浪费你的精力,丧失你同事的善意和你上司的耐心。

  11.Choose your battles carefully慎重选择是否"开战"

  Ask yourself: how much difference the problem really makes. Is it worth making an enemy? Do I have a realistic chance of winning?

  扪心自问:这个问题到底有多大的重要性?是否值得你为此树敌?我有切实的获胜机会吗?

  12.Deal directly with the person who makes the decision直接与决策者打交道

  Dealing with people with less authority may be easier on your nerves, but you’ll be wasting time and effort.

  可能与职权较小的人打交道不会使你那么紧张,但这会浪费你的时间和精力。

  13. Keep control of problems保持对问题的掌控

  Let’s say you need some special work done. Don’t stop with getting approval. If the other person doesn’t follow through, you’re left looking inept.

  比如说你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因为还未得到批准而停下来不做。因为如果这样,尽管是别人不配合,你却已给人留下无能的印象。

  14. Learn to translate boss language学会"翻译"上司的话语

  "If it’s not too much trouble" means, "Do it, and the sooner the better".

  "如果这不是太麻烦的话"的意思是"做吧,而且越快越好"。

  15. Learn what other people in the company are doing了解公司的其他人在做什么

  What were last year’s big triumphs and failures?

  去年公司主要的成功和不足是什么?

  How does your job’ intertwine with all this?

  你在这中间起到什么样的作用?

  Then you’ll understand when, how and where to press for your goals.

  然后你将明白何时、何地及如何去追求你的目标。

  16.Get along with your co-workers与你的同事和睦相处

  Internal battles mean less production. To your boss, if you’re involved, you’re automatically wrong.

  内斗意味着减产。对你的上司来说,如果你卷入内斗就已经错了。

  17.Protect the company’s reputation保护公司的名誉

  Never discuss company business and people where strangers can overhear。Even in private, be reticent.

  不要在有陌生人能够无意中听到的场合谈论公司的事务和人员,即使在私下也不应当说。

  18.Let others win sometimes有时候要让别人胜出

  "Sounds like a good idea. We’ll do it that way". If you don’t, people will resent you.

  "这主意听起来不错。我们就这么做吧。"否则人们会讨厌你。

  19.Learn Timing学会选择时机

  Develop the patience to wait for an appropriate occasion.

  培养你的耐心,等待一个适当时机的到来。

  20.Don’t Lie不要撒谎

  Lying will make problems worse. If you’re caught in a lie, you lose your credibility.

  谎言会使问题变得更糟。如果你的谎言被拆穿,你将失去你的诚信。

  21.Read your industry’s publications阅读本行业的书刊

  Indicating you haven’t the time or money to read will shock your bosses. To them, your lack of interest indicates no real career goals. Or worse, they may think that you are ignorant of important professional news.

  假如你声称没有时间或没钱阅读本行业的书刊,会让你的上司感到震惊。对他们来说,你缺乏兴趣表明你没有真正的职业目标。或更糟的是,他们可能会认为你对重要的专业新信息一无所知。

  22.Get to know your peers了解你的同行

  Be active in one or more professional/trade organizations. The contacts you make and information you glean aid you on a personal level whenever you change jobs, while improving your current status.

  积极参与一个或更多的专业/行业团体。不管你什么时候为改善你现有状况而跳槽,你建立的联系和收集的信息都会有助于你提高自身水平

  23.Never assume other people are operating from your standards

  永远不要假设别人在按你的标准做事

  When you find yourself thinking"I never would have expected such behaviour from her", you know you’ve made the mistake of projecting your outlook on to others’ behaviour.

  当你发现你自己在想"我决不会料到她会有这种行为"时,你要知道,你己经犯了一个错误,就是把自己的想法套在了别人的行为上。

  24.Use Commonsense运用常识和判断力

分享:看最豪华链接 绝对牛
        

来源:Admin5//所属分类:站长休闲故事/更新时间:2009-11-09
相关站长休闲故事